Renovating your kitchen space is not an easy task. Kitchen remodeling ideas can be perplexing as you may not know exactly where to begin or how to chart the best course of action. There are so many options to choose from when it comes to picking the right materials that the whole remodeling process can become a little overwhelming. That’s why we want to introduce to you a new technique applied on a material we believe can help you create the perfect kitchen tailored to your taste: Digitally Printed Glass Backsplashes.
The ideal backsplash should be designed to protect the walls behind a kitchen countertop from water, splashes, and other messes, but should also work with your selection of flooring, cabinetry, countertops and the rest of the items in the room without risking functionality or aesthetics. This is why digitally printed glass is a marvelous idea to consider.
But what is digitally printed glass?
Digital UV prints have been around for a while now, but that’s not what we are talking about; we are talking about a nanotechnology that allows designs to become part of the raw material by filling the smallest spaces of the selected surface. This new technology allows you to capture designs on solid surfaces in a completely new way without risking the high-end finish of your kitchen. Why glass?
Glass is an amazing material, and here you can find six reasons why digitally printed glass is just a perfect idea for backsplashes:
- Highly Durable: The glass used for backsplashes should always be tempered glass as it is more durable and can withstand high heat, making it physically and thermally stronger than regular glass or tile.
- Easy to clean: Glass is one of the few materials that is very low maintenance and easy to clean. You can use any cleaning product and apply it directly to the surface with a soft cloth.
- Resistant to chemicals: There are many reasons why backsplashes in a kitchen come in contact with chemicals. First, there are cleaning agents that contain strong chemicals. second, there are some recipe ingredients like vinegar which are also acidic. Therefore, you need a backsplash which can withstand a decent amount of chemical contact.
- No grout lines: With a digitally printed glass backsplash there are no grout lines, giving it a seamless appearance and making it bacteria- free.
- Easy to customize with unlimited color choices: Opting for a backsplash gives you the opportunity to select a color or no color at all depending upon the interior of your kitchen or as per your desire. Choosing a glass backsplash gives allows you to customize each and every aspect of it. Glass lets you create designs and carve out creative corners which are impossible in backsplashes made from other materials.
- Practical usability: Glass is a very good reflector of light. This means with the same amount of light, you will be able to get a brighter kitchen. This might not make a big difference during the day but if you do late night cooking because you got home late from work, the lighting does matter a lot. Moreover, glass can create an illusion of making space look bigger.
A glass backsplash not only does it uplift the mood and feel of the kitchen, but It also serves all the reasons why kitchen backsplashes were even created. Enjoy a highly functionable, customized look!